Faulkner

So, I really haven’t put much up here… the last few books have been horrid, not really a big fan so couldn’t put much effort into those. Faulkner however, As I Lay Dying is an amazing novel. I love how he has so many voices and so much to say about one topic.
I feel like he does this in order to question our beliefs on “Truth” and how our perception on things are so different from others that nobody really knows what’s going on. This novel is phenomenal and already a favorite.
Anyone agree? I’ve heard that a lot of people are confused by it and it helps to go on sparknotes and figure out the characters.

2 Responses to “Faulkner”

1. Emily says:

Actually, I liked all the past books we’ve read up until Beloved. After talking about Beloved I appreciated it more though, but so far, As I Lay Dying hasn’t impressed me. I find it a little confusing even with sparknotes. I know it is way too soon to make a judgment about this book, and I’m definitely willing to give it a try, but so far I’m not a huge fan.

2. bb92 says:

I really liked most of the books we’ve read but I do not like this book. It’s borring and this family has issues that I just dont care about. I feel bad for Addie because her family is weird but overall this book is not my favorite.